It's true ... Archie Comics does have something for everyone ... and hoopla has it all for you!
In celebration of Archie’s 75th Anniversary; he's coming of age with a total reboot to include a new Archie and Riverdale gang: Betty, Veronica, Reggie, Jughead, and Kevin Keller.
Archie, "America's favorite teenager," from the 1940's is finding new life once again in the 21st century!
On hoopla, you'll be able to enjoy both the classic and contemporary versions of Archie and the gang. You'll also see such well-known friends as: Josie and The Pussycats, and Sabrina The Teenage Witch.
But wait, that's still not all.
Archie Comics is more than "Archie;" it's Archie Action and Dark Circle, too.
Kids, teens and young adult patrons, alike, will be delighted to find you have these two Archie Action series comics, too: Sonic The Hedgehog and Mega Man. Both have trending TV, movie and gaming tie-ins, and both will more than satisfy what comics aficionados are seeking today.
-Jon Goldwater, CEO, Archie Comics
From the birthplace of Superman (Cleveland, Ohio!), OverDrive is excited to announce DC Comics and Marvel Entertainment.
Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and more have never been more popular and they’ve all “joined forces” to take on your users on every device, smartphone and computer.
WHACK! CRUNCH! SPLAT!
Whether you enjoy the famous, classic stories or new age adventures, you'll love this collection.
- The Company Men (cast and crew) Ben Affleck, Chris Cooper, Kevin Costner, Tommy Lee Jones, Maria Bello, Rosemarie DeQitt, Craig T. Nelson, John Wells, and Claire Rudnick Polstein
- Last Chance Harvey (cast and crew) Dustin Hoffman, Emma Thompson, James Brolin, Kathy Baker, Michael Landes, Richard Schiff, Joel Hopkins, Jawal Nga, and Tim Perell
- Blackfish (cast and crew) Gabriela Cowperthwaite
- Vampire Academy (cast and crew) Sarah Hyland, Zoey Deutch, Joely Richardson, Olga Kurylenko, Cameron Monaghan, Sami Gayle, Danila Kozlovsky, Lucy Fry, Gabriel Byrne, Claire Foy, Mark Waters, Jillian Preger DeFrehn, and Stuart Ford
- Hatched (cast and crew) Sean Astin, Jeff Foxworthy, Kerr Xu, and Seth Walther
- Fruitvale Station (cast and crew) Michael B. Jordan, Melonie Diaz, Octavia Spencer, Kevin Durand, Chad Michael Murray, Ahna O'Reilly, Ariana Neal, Ryan Coogler, Michael Y. Chow, and Lisa Kleiner-Chanoff
Hoopla has introduced a Kids Mode, which limits available content to that appropriate for children 12 and under.
- Log in to Hoopla.
- Go to the account settings by clicking on your email address at the top of the page.
- Click the Kids Mode check box then scroll down and click Update
- Open settings.
- Tap Kids Mode.
- For iOS, tap Cancel to begin browsing.
- For Android, you'll receive notification that the mode is activated.
Note: The most recent version of the app is required.
Your Library is planning to unveil some innovative new services this summer, including the expansion of its popular Library To-Go outreach delivery service.
Library To-Go is one of the library's fastest growing services. It delivered almost 16,000 items to individuals' homes in 2015, and is poised to grow even more this year with the addition of staff and a delivery vehicle. The outreach program has been so successful, so quickly, that it now extends to nursing homes, farmer's markets and local festivals.
"In a very brief time, Library To-Go has exceeded all our expectations," said Dr. Gabriel Morley, library director. "The growth of the home delivery program has been astronomical. It is indicative of the need for more specialized, customized library services in Calcasieu Parish."
"We knew there were people who wanted to benefit from our services but were unable to get to the library," Morley said. "Library To-Go remedied that problem by establishing a homebound delivery service. Patrons tell us what they want and we deliver it to them on a regular schedule. The service is easy to use, efficient, and has received rave reviews from patrons. At this point we are ready to expand the program."
The original Library To-Go pilot program targeted homebound individuals almost exclusively. Building on the success of that pilot program the library will soon begin home delivery service to anyone living in the Maplewood area.
"For the last three years we've been studying how our libraries are used, when they are used, and why they are used," Morley said. "As a result of that investigation, we're developing a new, personalized, service-model that is more effective and more efficient."
Beginning in August, Maplewood residents will be eligible to register for home delivery of books, DVDs, and other materials, including laptops, iPads and Internet Hot Spots.
In order to accomodate the growth of Library To-Go, the Maplewood Library will be converted into the outreach headquarters on June 30, 2016. The Maplewood location was chosen because it is centrally located and has an easily defined geographical boundary, according to Morley. Maplewood is also the least utilized library in the parish.
Maplewood residents who opt not to be included in the home delivery program are encouraged to visit the Sulphur Regional Library, which is open seven days a week and located three miles west of Maplewood.
To sign-up for the Maplewood home delivery service call (337) 721-7148 or stop by the Sulphur Regional Library to pick up an application.