USB Transfer of Titles: Some titles require a USB transfer from a computer to your Kindle.
- After checking out the title, download the file to your computer.
- Plug your Kindle into your computer with the USB cord.
- On your computer, locate and open the Kindle folder/drive. Typically this is in the My Computer area of a PC or on the desktop for a Mac.
- On your computer, open the Kindle drive and then open the Documents folder found inside. (This is where all your Kindle eBooks are stored on your Kindle device).
- Next, drag and drop the downloaded book into this Document folder.
- Disconnect your Kindle and read.
Returning Titles Early: Video Instructions
- Log into your Amazon account at: Amazon
- In the sign in menu, select Manage Content and Devices.
- Click the actions button next to the title you want to return.
- Select the return option.
- On your Kindle you can delete the title.
- Note: Deleting a title off your Kindle does not return the eBook.