Join the Library Team
When emailing your resume', please note in the subject line the position and library branch for which you are applying.
Reminder: When emailing your resume', please note in the subject line the position and library branch for which you are applying.
- Library Associate III at the SWLA Genealogical & Historical/Carnegie Memorial Library in downtown Lake Charles---40 hrs
Closing date to submit an application is Friday, May 28, 2015 by 4:30 p.m.
- System Trainer at the Epps Annex building---40 hrs
Closing date to submit an application is Tuesday, June 2, 2015 by 4:30 p.m.
Library, Calcasieu Parish and Louisiana Information
- Need help with creating a resume? Try Cypress Resume!
- Check out the resume section of your local library branch or view this list.
- Calcasieu Parish Police Jury jobs
- Business & Career Solutions Center (337-475-4900)
- Chronicle Guidance--find your career path
- Louisiana Job & Career Center (State Library of La. Job Search & Career Portal)
Southwest Louisiana Workforce Resource Guide
A step-by-step guide for getting a well-paying job in support of area industry
Unprecedented job opportunities are emerging as a result of the billions in industrial investment coming to Southwest Louisiana. It is important that residents who want to work and succeed in today's workforce get the required training and credentials now. The Southwest Louisiana Workforce Resource Guide is a road map for job seekers to get from point A to point B on their workforce preparation journey. It includes information to help individuals choose a career, get the training and certifications required, prepare a resume, acquire basic life skills and ultimately, land a job.
The Workforce Resource Guide Scholarship, created by Sasol and managed by the Community Foundation, provides financial support to individuals who want to pursue careers in support of industry in Southwest Louisiana. Depending on individual needs, the scholarships could cover tuition, training costs, support services and technical support from human resources professionals.