Please note in subject line the position for which you are applying.
Applications are retained for two years.
- No current openings (4.9.14)
Library, Calcasieu Parish and Louisiana Information
- Need help with creating a resume? Try Cypress Resume!
- Check out the resume section of your local library branch or view this list.
- Take a computer class @ the Library.
- Calcasieu Parish Police Jury Employment
- Business & Career Solutions Center (337-475-4900)
- Chronicle Guidance--find your career path
- Louisiana Job & Career Center (State Library of La. Job Search & Career Portal)
- Job Search Resources (State Library of La. Job Search & Career Portal)
Southwest Louisiana Workforce Resource Guide
A step-by-step guide for getting a well-paying job in support of area industry
Unprecedented job opportunities are emerging as a result of the billions in industrial investment coming to Southwest Louisiana. It is important that residents who want to work and succeed in today's workforce get the required training and credentials now. The Southwest Louisiana Workforce Resource Guide is a road map for job seekers to get from point A to point B on their workforce preparation journey. It includes information to help individuals choose a career, get the training and certifications required, prepare a resume, acquire basic life skills and ultimately, land a job.
Visit www.SWLAresourceguide.com to view a comlete list of local distribution centers or download the electronic version of the Resource Guide. Also, the Calcasieu Parish public library branches and the Calcasieu Business and Career Solutions Center will be offering orientation classes for interested job seekers, mentors, and community members interested in a more in-depth review of the Resource Guide and the resources available locally to help job seekers join the workforce. View the dates and times for these classes!