Be innovative in the Innovation Studio!
What is the Innovation Studio?
The CPPL Innovation Studio provides a space for everyone in Calcasieu Parish to learn about emerging technologies and bring their creations to life. Graphic arts design, film editing, 3D design, app creation and coding are just a sample of what this space holds for you! The studio is located inside Central Library on 301 West Claude Street in Lake Charles.
The Innovation Studio was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services. CPPL received $24,892 from the IMLS Sparks! Ignition grant, allowing us to purchase a 3D printer ($2500). The grant also allowed us to develop the CPPL Innovation Studio App and contract a local artist to redesign the space.
- View the for Maker Hours as well as other activities occuring in the Innovation Studio.
- Anyone is invited during these times to use the studio and its equipment. Space is limited to 16 people at a time and is based on a first-come first-serve basis. Children ages 10 & under must be attended by an adult.
- Download the CPPL Innovation Studio App in your device's app store)
Schedule an appointment (this option is open to organized groups & schools, as well as individual adults who already know how to use the equipment. Contact Central Info Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 721-7118.
Can't make it to the Innovation Studio, but need something printed? Request it with our online form!
Everything within the studio is FREE except for printing. Printing Costs are:
- Black & White Prints: $.20
- Color Prints: $.50
- 3D Prints:$1 per file regardless of object size/weight. Objects that require multiple files will be charged accordingly to the number of 3D files submitted. (Effective July 1, 2014)
The CPPL Innovation Studio App was designed by CPPL staff and Vandrio Software Solutions. Use the app to tell US how YOU want to use the studio. See what others have suggested and vote on the ideas you like. Share these ideas with friends via Facebook, Twitter, & email. See what events are already planned & register for upcoming workshops.
No smartphone? No problem! Visit us on Facebook & click on the Innovation Studio tab.
Makerbot Replicator 2
Adobe Creative Suites w/ 27” Touchscreens
Sharp Aquos 70” Smart Screen
Laptop & iPad Mini Lab
PlayStation 3 Console
Professional grade 3D printer
Prints up to 3 colors at a time; supports PLA, ABS, & dissolvable natural PLA
Max build size (Single head printer): 11.2(w) x 9.06(h) x 10.6(d) inches
Max build size (Double head printer): 9.56(w) x 9.06(h) x 10.6(d) inches
Max build size (Triple head printer): 7.89(w) x 9.06(h) x 10.6(d) inches