Welcome to the Library's Yearbook Digitization Project
Basics of the Project
- Yearbooks are accessible through the online catalog.
- Yearbooks were (are) loaned to the library for a period of 6-8 weeks, during which time we shipped them to our digitization vendor.
- They were (are) scanned, and returned to the Library.
- The library is digitizing only high school yearbooks (9-12 or K-12 schools).
- Middle/junior high or elementary school yearbooks will not be accepted at this time.
- Patrons may either contact the Genealogy library at 337-721-7110, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring any yearbooks to a branch and fill out a yearbook loan form.
- To avoid duplicates, we've also listed those yearbooks that have been received for the project.
High School Yearbook Loan Procedure
- The Genealogy branch is accepting high school yearbooks (NO COLLEGE OR ELEMENTARY/MIDDLE) on loan for digitization and addition to our digital catalog.
- This is an ongoing project and from time to time a patron may come in asking about the project or wanting to donate a yearbook for digitization.
- Bring the yearbook to the library for the digitization project.
- Our staff will check the current list of yearbooks that have been digitized to see if we need the yearbook.
- The list below is an up-to-date list as of Feb. 1, 2017.
- If we do not have the yearbook, you'll need to complete the loan form.
- You will receive a receipt, the branch staff will route the yearbook and form to the Genealogy branch.
List of received Yearbooks
- Alfed M. Barbe High School--1974 - 1976 1983 - 1986 1996, 1998
- Bell City High School--1987
- Grand Lake High School--1955 1974 - 1975
- Jennings High School--1923
- Johnson Bayou High School
- 1950, 1954 1957-1961 1963, 1966,1968 1970-1971 1973-1974 1979-1995 1997-2013 2015
- LaGrange High School
- 1948, 1950 1952 - 1954 1957, 1959 1962 - 1964 1969 - 1970 1972 - 1978 1983 - 1988 1990, 1992
- Lake Charles High School--1947 -1950 1952 - 1956 1958 - 1960 1962 - 1968 1975 - 1976
- Opelousas High School--1960
- Sam Houston High School--1983 1987 - 1992 1994 - 1996
- St. Charles Academy--1953 -1956
- St. Louis High School--1981 1984-1987 1995, 2009
- Sulphur High School--1946 - 1991 1993-2015
- Thomas Jefferson High School--1962
- Vinton High School--1979
- Washington High School--1964-1967
- Westlake High School--1956, 1962
Searching for Yearbooks in the catalog
- Search for yourself (yes you really did wear that outfit back then!), friends (they actually had hairstyles like that?), parents (who knew they were once young), old high school sweetheart, etc….
- Currently, we have 256 high school yearbooks in digital format (PDF) from various schools around the area.
- Options include:
- Under the Search ALL drop-down list, click on Asset Search.
- Search by school name and then narrow your search.
- Or search by school yearbooks, retrieve a list of 256 results, and then narrow your search.
Asset search options:
- You may also enter the last name, and then click search.
- The results will show all yearbooks which include that last name.
- Open one of the yearbooks by clicking on the URL.
- ex: http://calc.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/search/asset/603/0
- Press Ctrl+F [Ctrl key + the F key] and search the same name again from the box that comes up in the upper right corner.
- Here's a direct link to the search results in the catalog.