All public library branches have wireless access during operating hours. Need directions? Try Libraries 411.
System Requirements for WiFi
What do I need for WIFI?
- You will need a notebook/laptop computer or other wireless device with 802.11b or 802.11g wireless networking.
- Connect to the CPPL network.
- Read the Electronic Resources Policy.
- Click the Continue to the Internet button located near bottom of the splash page.
- If your notebook/laptop computer or other device does not include wireless networking, you may be able to purchase a variety of external notebook/laptop PC cards and USB devices.
- The manufacturer or supplier of your equipment, or local technology merchants can help you find the right product for your notebook/laptop computer or other device.
- If using IE 7.0, you may have to initially install the CA certificate.
- To do so, open IE, click on open website (not recommended), then click on install CA certificate option located on the top left hand corner of the screen underneath the wireless login are. This is a one time install.
- We have tried to make wireless access as available as possible in our libraries, but you may encounter some "dead" spots in a library where wireless reception may be limited. If you have trouble accessing the Internet or staying online please move to a different location within the library.
- The wireless internet access we offer is filtered. By choosing to use this free service, you agree to abide by the Calcasieu Parish Public Library's Electronic Resource Use Policy. This policy states the limitations of internet access, and your responsibilities for using that access.
- The Calcasieu Parish Public Library's wireless network is not secure. Information sent to and from your notebook/laptop computer or other wireless device may be captured by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software.
- Library staff is not able to provide technical assistance and no guarantee can be made that you will be able to make a wireless connection.The Calcasieu Parish Public Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for notebook/laptop computer or other wireless device configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the Library's wireless access.
What is WiFi?Wireless internet access.
Why does CPPL have WiFi ?Added service for our patrons.
How does someone use the WiFi?They walk in and their device (laptop or PDA) finds the network, then they click on their web browser, and, when the login screen appears, input their library card and pin numbers.
What is the deal with EMAIL via the CPPL WiFi?We've shut down SMTP in order to protect our infrastructure and our customers from a SPAM engine being brought in.
If you have ANY software on your computer (other than a web browser) to read email, you are using an email client and you WILL NOT be able to send email via the CPPL WiFi. You will be able to read it and receive it. You can also write an email and put it in a DRAFT folder to send later. If you are ONLY in a browser, your email should work.
What if there is another problem?What if you can't find the WiFi on your computer? We do suggest the tried and true step - reboot.
- Visit the web-print page.
- Select Library branch.
- Enter User Info name.
- This information is used to uniquely identify your print jobs. Use it to obtain your document in the Library printing facility.
- Select the document you wish to print.
- You may also enter the URL of a web page you want printed.
- Click the print button.
- Reply, forward or create a new email
- Paste in the email address of the branch at which you wish to pick up your print
- Type a subject line you can remember
- Attach any documents you wish to print (if they are not already attached)
- Click send!
- You should receive an email with instructions for picking up your print job (note: this may take a few minutes to receive depending on email provider).
- If you submitted an email with an attachment(s), it will become two (or more) separate print jobs, with a separate reference number for each; take this number to the branch you selected and pick up your print job!
- Lake Charles
- Central (301 W. Claude St.) - email@example.com
- Epps Memorial (1320 N. Simmons St.) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- SWLA Historical and Genealogical (411 Pujo St.) - email@example.com
- DeQuincy - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Iowa - email@example.com
- Moss Bluff - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sulphur - email@example.com
Via the PrinterOn mobile app