Borrow or Suggest Material
How does this service work?
- Borrow material service.
- FREE service from the State Library of Louisiana.
- An exception is photocopy charges.
- Patrons may browse the collective catalog of all La. parishes.
- Borrow items, suggest material, and check the status of those requests.
Login and Search
- Login to Loanshark.
- Under Select your library, choose W1CC - Calcasieu Public Library.
- Enter your username and password = your library card number and PIN are required, and your account must be in good standing.
- Once you've found your desired item, click the Request this Item button.
- Verify information on the screen then click the SUBMIT button.
NOTE: If you haven't previously registered for a Loanshark account, when you do log in to Loanshark with your library card and PIN, you will then be automatically registered.
Didn't find the item in the Library's catalog nor in Loanshark?
- Submit requests by using the Blank ILL Request option located near the top left-hand corner of the screen.
Important Notice regarding ILL requests.
- Users may have fifty (50) active requests at one time.
- Note that you will receive an alert when you reach your limit.
- You may continue to search within Loanshark.
- If you have reached your limit, you can make lists for yourself that can be requested at a later date.
- An “active” request starts the moment a request is made, all the way through until the lending library has received the item and checks it back in though Loanshark.