Gifts of Library Materials
Calcasieu Parish Public Library accepts unrestricted, irrevocable gifts of books and other library materials.
- Your donations are accepted with the understanding that they’ll be added to the collection following the Material Selection Plan.
- The library reserves the right to sell or otherwise dispose of gifts and donated materials through branch book sales, the Friends of the Library book sales, recycling or disposal services.
- Calcasieu Parish Public Library will not assign a value to donated gift materials. However, the library will stamp or sign the patron’s list of items for X number of books, boxes of books, books-on-tapes, etc., which you can use for tax purposes.
- Print and complete this donation/memorial form then bring to your local library.
- Patrons may donate funds to purchase library materials in memory of someone or honor of someone.
- Visit your local library to complete the donation/memorial form.
- They may make general suggestions regarding the subject matter.
- Materials are selected and bought by the Collection Development Coordinator.
- A book plate is placed in the material, and when it is sent to the library branch, the donor and the honoree’s family are notified.
- Direct donation of actual materials is discouraged as these are often not in compliance with collection selection rules regarding currency, authority, etc.
Search for material donated by or in memory of within the catalog
- Access the library's catalog.
- Enter donor's name or the honoree's name then click/tap Search.
Monetary Donations (includes collection policy)
- Gifts of money are always welcome and appreciated.
- Specific recommendations from the donor are honored as far as the suggestions enhance subject areas of need within the collection and are following the Collection Development Policy selection guidelines.