Learn more about donations or memorials below
Gifts of Library Materials
Calcasieu Parish Public Library accepts unrestricted, irrevocable gifts of books and other library materials.
- Your donations are accepted with the understanding that they’ll be added to the collection following the Material Selection Plan.
- The library reserves the right to sell or otherwise dispose of gifts and donated materials through branch book sales, the Friends of the Library book sales, recycling or disposal services.
- Calcasieu Parish Public Library will not assign a value to donated gift materials. However, the library will stamp or sign the patron’s list of items for X number of books, boxes of books, books-on-tapes, etc., which you can use for tax purposes.
- Patrons may donate funds to purchase library materials in memory of someone or honor of someone.
- They may make general suggestions regarding the subject matter.
- Materials are selected and bought by the Collection Development Coordinator.
- A book plate is placed in the material, and when it is sent to the library branch, the donor and the honoree’s family are notified.
- Direct donation of actual materials is discouraged as these are often not in compliance with collection selection rules regarding currency, authority, etc.
Monetary Donations (includes collection policy)
- Gifts of money are always welcome and appreciated.
- Specific recommendations from the donor are honored as far as the suggestions enhance subject areas of need within the collection and are following the Collection Development Policy selection guidelines.