- The Library functions under U.S. law as a limited public forum.
- Please view the policies below for additional information.
- As a public place open to all who would visit and make use of it, it is necessary that it establish rules also known as the Code of Conduct Policy that govern proper and reasonable use and behavior, and to balance the rights of the users against those of the individual user.
- View the Spanish version of this policy.
- The Collection Development Policy is established by the Library Board of Control.
- It helps users understand the purpose and nature of the library’s collection.
- It provides guidance and direction to the library staff for the development and maintenance of the Library’s collection.
- The policy includes a link to the Request for Reconsideration of Library Materials form.
- Information regarding donations and memorials.
This policy is to comply with Louisiana Revised Statute 14:91.2 (amended by Act 693), which became effective January 1, 2013 and bans sex offenders who have been convicted of sex offenses against persons under 13 from visiting or loitering within 1,000 feet of any public library in Louisiana, including all branches of the Calcasieu Parish Public Library (CPPL).
- Sex offenders may ONLY be on library property on Tuesdays and Fridays during the first hour of library operation.
- Sex offenders are NOT allowed in any children’s area or teen area of any branch of Calcasieu Parish Public Library.
- Violations of this policy will be reported immediately to law enforcement, and violators will lose all library privileges.
Adopted November 15, 2012 by the Calcasieu Parish Public Library Board of Control.
(e-cigarettes), is not permitted on Library property.
Included in the Code of Conduct policy is the Unattended Child Policy.
- View the Spanish version of the Unattended Child Policy.
- Contact the Louisiana Legislative Auditor (LLA) Hotline if you suspect the misappropriation (theft), fraud, waste, or abuse of public funds by anyone.