Search for yourself, friends, parents, old high school sweethearts, etc. Yes, you really did wear that outfit back then, your friends actually had hairstyles like that, and your parents were once that young.
- Yearbooks are accessible through the Louisiana Digital Library.
- See the tab below labeled Browsing and Searching for browsing instructions.
- Yearbooks were (are) loaned to the library for a period of 6-8 weeks, during which time we shipped them to our digitization vendor. They were (are) scanned, and returned to the Library.
- The library is digitizing only high school yearbooks (9-12 or K-12 schools).
- Middle/junior high or elementary school yearbooks will not be accepted at this time.
- This is an ongoing project and from time to time a patron may come in asking about the project or wanting to donate a yearbook for digitization.
Do you have a yearbook that you want to include in this collection?
- The Genealogy library is accepting high school yearbooks (NO COLLEGE OR ELEMENTARY/MIDDLE) on loan for digitization.
- Patrons may either contact the Genealogy library at 337-721-7110, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring any yearbooks to a branch and fill out a yearbook loan form.
- Our staff will check the current list of yearbooks that have been digitized to see if we need the yearbook.
- If we do not have the yearbook, you'll need to complete a loan form.
- You will receive a receipt, the branch staff will route the yearbook and form to the Genealogy library.
Yearbooks in the Collection
- List of yearbooks (August 2018)
We have hundreds of high school yearbooks in digital format (PDF) from various schools around the area.
- Access this site: Louisiana Digital Library's Yearbook collection
- Options: “search this collection”, use the Advanced Search option to search the yearbook collection and other digital images within this resource, or choose a specific yearbook to begin browsing.
- Recommendation is browsing the yearbook.
- Hover over the thumbnail image in the center of the screen.
- Click on “Open Image Viewer”.
- Use the toolbar above the image to search within the yearbook, move between pages, zoom in, print, download, etc.
- Use this handout of step-by-step instructions and screenshots.
- Here's a list of yearbooks in the collection. (as of August 2018)
- African American High Schools before 1970---"This site memorializes the accomplishments of our schools emboldened by fierce competition to survive and prosper coupled with the realization that we cannot save one of them without saving all of them. Our heritage is a tribute to our schools and their students, the founders, our principals, teachers, parents, boosters and communities."