Welcome to the Yearbook Project
- Search for yourself (yes, you really did wear that outfit back then!), friends (they actually had hairstyles like that?), parents (who knew they were once young), old high school sweetheart, etc.
Basics of the Project
- Yearbooks are accessible through the online catalog.
- Yearbooks were (are) loaned to the library for a period of 6-8 weeks, during which time we shipped them to our digitization vendor.
- They were (are) scanned, and returned to the Library.
- The library is digitizing only high school yearbooks (9-12 or K-12 schools).
- Middle/junior high or elementary school yearbooks will not be accepted at this time.
- Patrons may either contact the Genealogy library at 337-721-7110, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring any yearbooks to a branch and fill out a yearbook loan form.
- To avoid duplicates, we've also listed those yearbooks that have been received for the project.
Yearbook Loan Procedure
- The Genealogy branch is accepting high school yearbooks (NO COLLEGE OR ELEMENTARY/MIDDLE) on loan for digitization and addition to our digital catalog.
- This is an ongoing project and from time to time a patron may come in asking about the project or wanting to donate a yearbook for digitization.
- Bring the yearbook to the library for the digitization project.
- Our staff will check the current list of yearbooks that have been digitized to see if we need the yearbook.
- If we do not have the yearbook, you'll need to complete the loan form.
- You will receive a receipt, the branch staff will route the yearbook and form to the Genealogy branch.
update: August 1, 2018
- Alfed M. Barbe High School--1974-1976, 1984-1986, 1987, 1996, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2004
- Bell City High School--1987
- DeQuincy High School--1951, 1954, 1958, 1961, 1972-1974, 1977
- Grand Lake High School--1955 1974 - 1975
- Glenmora High School--1951-1952
- Grand Lake High School--1955, 1957-1968, 1970, 1974-1975
- Holy Rosary Institute--1961
- Hyatt High School--1981
- Iowa High School--1948-1954, 1963-1964, 1977-1979, 1981-1982, 1993-1994, 1997-2014
- Jennings High School--1923
- Johnson Bayou High School--1950, 1954, 1957-1961, 1963, 1966,1968, 1970-1971, 1973-1974, 1979-1995, 1997-2013, 2015
- LaGrange High School--1948, 1950, 1952-1954, 1957, 1959, 1962-1964, 1969-1970, 1972-1978, 1983-1988, 1990, 1992
- Lake Charles High School--1947-1950, 1952-1956, 1958-1960, 1962-1968,1975-1976, 1983
- Marion High School--1967-1970
- Opelousas High School--1960
- Sacred Heart High School--1957, 1963, 1966-1967
- Sam Houston High School--1983, 1987-1992, 1994-1996
- St. Charles Academy--1953-1956
- St. Louis High School--1981,1984-1987, 1995, 1988, 2009
- Sulphur High School--1946-1991, 1993-2015
- Thomas Jefferson High School--1962
- Vinton High School--1948, 1950-1956, 1958, 1960-1970, 1972-1974, 1979, 1990
- Washington High School--1964-1967
- Westlake High School--1946, 1948-1949, 1954-1969, 1970-1979, 1980-1989, 1990-1999, 2000
Searching within the catalog
- Currently, we have hundreds of high school yearbooks in digital format (PDF) from various schools around the area.
- Options include:
- Under the Search ALL drop-down list, click on Asset Search.
- Search by school name and then narrow your search.
- Or search by school yearbooks, retrieve a list of results, and then narrow your search.
Asset search options:
- You may also enter the last name, and then click search.
- The results will show all yearbooks which include that last name.
- Open one of the yearbooks by clicking on the URL.
- ex: http://calc.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/search/asset/603/0
- Press Ctrl+F [Ctrl key + the F key] and search the same name again from the box that comes up in the upper right corner.
- Here's a direct link to the search results in the catalog.