Renewing your card
- Cards expire every year so that we may keep our records current regarding your address, phone number and/or email address.
- Exceptions: temporary borrowers and internet only users.
- Email address benefits
- Renew your card by visiting or contacting a library branch, ask chat staff for assistance, or view the My Account option in the catalog.
- For online renewals, please review and edit information under the My Information section prior to renewing card.
- If your card doesn't renew online, please contact us for assistance.
- Refer to the Privileges expire date in the My Account section in the catalog.
- If you are limited to using the internet only when visiting a location, please contact library branch (or chat) for assistance. You are not eligible for this DIY service.
- Blocked or Barred users must visit a local branch to clear up account.
- The online renewal option is currently unavailable within the mobile app.
- View additional information about library cards.
What are the benefits for giving the library your email address?
- Receive alerts when your hold is available for pickup.
- Receive alerts that checked out items will be overdue in 3 days.
- Receive alerts when items are overdue as well as bill notices.
New feature: SMS Text Messaging
- Receive notices for overdue material, holds, bills, account messages, and library announcements.
- Access My Account, open the My Information tab, then look for the SMS Notifications section.
- Add your cellphone number (Add New), choose notification options, then click/tap Save.
Changing information in your account
- Visit or contact a library branch, edit existing information such as your address, phone number and email address using the My Account section in the catalog.
- Refer to this page for additional information on editing information.