The list below are some of our FREE featured services. Additional services can be found here.
- Color printing and color copying are available at all locations. The cost is $.50 per page.
- Access CPPL's WiFi network w/o a library card & pin#. Find out how it works.
- Central Library (S. Lake Charles) currently sells them for $5.
- Your Library now offers wireless printing from a laptop/desktop or mobile device.
- Summer Reading Programs are held in late May through early/mid July.
- Signup, log books and view upcoming events, links and messages.
- Online programs
- Tablets are available at the Central Library ( 301 W. Claude St. in Lake Charles), and the Sulphur Regional Library (1160 Cypress St. in Sulphur.)
- The Junior League of Lake Charles, Inc. teamed up with us to add American Girl dolls to the collection.
- Pre-loaded tablets with over 10 apps.
- Find one today.
- It's Calcasieu 1 Search.
- Search all of the library’s electronic resources simultaneously, along with popular materials.
- Electronic resources include Consumer Reports content.
- For inside library use
- Checkout 1 per card for 2 hours.
- Available at the Central Library located at 301 W. Claude St. in Lake Charles.
- Outside of the library
- Checkout 1 per card for 7 days.
- No renewals, but you may place a hold on a laptop.
- iPad---Checkout 1 per card for 7 days; no renewals, but can place holds.
- Hotspot---Checkout 1 per card for 7 days; no renewals, but can place holds. Service is only available in T-Mobile coverage areas.
- Internet only or temporary cards are also issued if you are visiting the area.
- Check with the branch staff for more details.
- Edit existing account info (address, phone number and/or email address) via My Account--My Information tab.
- Renew "soon to" expire or expired library card via My Account
- Reset pin number
- A preferred email address must be on file at the library to reset pin.
- You must reset pin within hour of receiving confirmation email or you will need to repeat steps.)
- Submit Interlibrary Loan requests, or request that the library add material to the collection.
- Why use the catalog option?
- Not only can you keep track of those questions, but you may also view replies to those questions.
- Want to try it? Request it using Borrow or Purchase Request, then track requests using My Account--Requests.
- Many of these options are currently unavailable within the mobile app.
- Why use the catalog option?
Here are the basics of this service.
- A report runs daily before any branch opens for the day, and attempts to renew eligible items that are due that day.
- Ineligible items include items that still have renewals left on them, items with holds, and patrons with blocked, barred, or expired accounts.
- Only valid email addresses will receive a notification of successfully renewed items and the email will contain the new due date.
- Notifications for successful renewals are sent.
- Even if a patron does not have an accurate email address listed in their library account, eligible items will still be renewed; however, there will be no notification for successful renewals.
- Access My Account via the library's online catalog to view your current email address, or contact your local library branch for assistance.
- The Calcasieu Parish Public Library offers these services. Details!
- Receive notices for overdue material, holds, bills, account messages, and library announcements.
- Access My Account, open the My Information tab, then look for the SMS Notifications section.
- Add your cellphone number (Add New), choose notification options, then click/tap Save.
We do offer notifications via phone. If this option is chosen, please note that we are currently using a new phone service so the number on the caller ID will be 337-721-7116.
- If the message gets cut off at the beginning of the recording, note that it will repeat the entire message.
- You will only receive a phone notice if you have not chosen to be notified by either text messaging or email.
- Please contact your library or chat for assistance.
- These are juvenile books with an added feature. These books have a small electronic box permanently attached to the inside of the front cover. It reads the book while children follow along. Place them on hold, renew them, and check them out for a 2-week period. At this time, there are 76 copies in the collection.
These backpacks were put together with the intended patron being children or parents of children with additional sensory needs as compared to other children (i.e. mentally handicapped, autistic, etc.)
There are three different types, each with their own record that can be found in the catalog. Each type of backpack has a general type and amount of items that can be found inside that includes three books, three laminated activity sheets, one CD or DVD, and three toys.
One checkout per account and the checkout period is 2 weeks.
Backpacks are eligible for renewal. At this time, backpacks can be found at the Central and Sulphur locations. However, they can be placed on hold and sent to a branch location near you.