eReading Rooms for Kids and Teens
- Search for kids and teen titles for eBooks, eAudios and videos.
- Color printing and color copying are available at all locations. The cost is $.50 per page.
Easier access to WiFi
- July 2018: We're moving to a new app. New app can be found in the Google Play Store.
- The iOS version is coming soon.
- The Library's mobile app has a built in virtual library card!
- Login to My Account, and then choose library card option to find barcode.
My Library card is expired! Why?
- Library cards do expire every year so that we may have the most current information such as phone number and address on file.
- Expired library cards are not able to checkout material (both physical and electronic) until the account is renewed. Blocked or Barred users must visit a local branch to clear up account.
- Contact or visit a library branch, or view My Account in the catalog.
- If renewing online, please review (and edit) information under the My Information tab.
- If your card doesn't renew online (see Privileges expire section under the My Information tab), please contact us for assistance.
- The online renewal option is currently unavailable within the mobile app.
- Some users, example internet only access do not have this option. Contact library branch for assistance.
I forgot my PIN #.
Flash drives for sale
- Central Library (S. Lake Charles) currently sells them for $5.
3D printing is here
I want to get a library card.
My address, phone number and/or email address has changed. Now what?
- Visit or contact us or edit existing info (address, phone number and/or email address) via My Account--My Information section in the catalog.
I need to pay my fines, but I have no cash. I do have a credit card. Can I pay online?
Access Reading Programs here, or within the Library's mobile app. (Summer Reading Programs are held in late May through mid July).
- Signup, log books and view upcoming events, links and messages.
Wireless printing available at your Library.
Samsung tablets available for use
- Find Samsung tablets available for use at the Central Library located at 301 W. Claude St. in Lake Charles, and the Sulphur Regional Library located at 1160 Cypress St. in Sulphur, LA.
American Girl® Beforever dolls at the Library
- The Junior League of Lake Charles, Inc. teamed up with us to add American Girl dolls to the collection.
iPads available to checkout for inside library use
- All you need is your library card, and a valid gov’t issued photo ID.
- You can checkout iPads for 2 hrs, and they have 32 apps pre-installed.
- Central and Sulphur Regional branches also have Samsung tablets.
Payment with credit card
- Card readers are available at all library locations.
- You may also pay fines online.
Learning tablets for kids (aka Launchpads)
Your one-stop search experience.
- It's Calcasieu 1 Search.
- Search all of the library’s electronic resources simultaneously, along with popular materials.
- Electronic resources include Consumer Reports content.
Laptops available for checkout inside the library only.
- Checkout 1 per card for 2 hours.
- Available at the Central Library located at 301 W. Claude St. in Lake Charles.
Laptops available for checkout outside of the library.
- Checkout 1 per card for 7 days.
- No renewals, but you may place a hold on a laptop.
Hotspots and iPads available for checkout outside of the library.
iPad---Checkout 1 per card for 7 days; no renewals, but can place holds.
- Hotspot---Checkout 1 per card for 7 days; no renewals, but can place holds. Service is only available in T-Mobile coverage areas.
Card options for visitors to the Library
- Internet only or temporary cards are also issued if you are visiting the area. Check with the branch staff for more details.
Self-Service options in the catalog
Be in the know with the Library's Newsletter! Sign up today!
Did you know that OverDrive (eBooks and eAudiobooks) has a new app. Meet Libby.
Automatic renewals for library material.
- Here are the basics of this service.
- A report runs daily before any branch opens for the day, and attempts to renew eligible items that are due that day.
- Ineligible items include items that still have renewals left on them, items with holds, and patrons with blocked, barred, or expired accounts.
- Only valid email addresses will receive a notification of successfully renewed items and the email will contain the new due date.
- Notifications for successful renewals are sent.
- Even if a patron does not have an accurate email address listed in their library account, eligible items will still be renewed; however, there will be no notification for successful renewals.
- Access My Account via the library's online catalog to view your current email address, or contact your local library branch for assistance.
Fax and Scanning Services, Charging Stations, etc.
- The Calcasieu Parish Public Library offers these services. Details!
Accelerated Reader and Lexile information
Instant Access to eBooks and Audiobooks. No Library card needed!
- Access the OverDrive-powered website or the Libby app! Choose to access Calcasieu Parish Public Library's digital collection using your mobile phone number.
SMS Text Messaging
- Receive notices for overdue material, holds, bills, account messages, and library announcements.
- Access My Account, open the My Information tab, then look for the SMS Notifications section.
- Add your cellphone number (Add New), choose notification options, then click/tap Save.