- You will need a notebook/laptop computer or other wireless device with 802.11b or 802.11g wireless networking.
- Connect to the CPPL network.
- Read the Electronic Resources Policy.
- Click the Continue to the Internet button located near bottom of the splash page.
- If your notebook/laptop computer or other device does not include wireless networking, you may be able to purchase a variety of external notebook/laptop PC cards and USB devices.
- The manufacturer or supplier of your equipment, or local technology merchants can help you find the right product for your notebook/laptop computer or other device.
- If using IE 7.0, you may have to initially install the CA certificate.
- To do so, open IE, click on open website (not recommended), then click on install CA certificate option located on the top left hand corner of the screen underneath the wireless login are. This is a one time install.
- We have tried to make wireless access as available as possible in our libraries, but you may encounter some "dead" spots in a library where wireless reception may be limited. If you have trouble accessing the Internet or staying online please move to a different location within the library.
- The wireless internet access we offer is filtered. By choosing to use this free service, you agree to abide by the Calcasieu Parish Public Library's Electronic Resource Use Policy. This policy states the limitations of internet access, and your responsibilities for using that access.
- The Calcasieu Parish Public Library's wireless network is not secure. Information sent to and from your notebook/laptop computer or other wireless device may be captured by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software.
- Library staff is not able to provide technical assistance and no guarantee can be made that you will be able to make a wireless connection.The Calcasieu Parish Public Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for notebook/laptop computer or other wireless device configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the Library's wireless access.
- Wireless internet service.
- Added service for our patrons.
- They walk in and their device (laptop or PDA) finds the network, then they click on their web browser, and accept the Electronic Resources Use Policy by clicking/tapping the Continue to the Internet button.
- We've shut down SMTP in order to protect our infrastructure and our customers from a SPAM engine being brought in.
If you have ANY software on your computer (other than a web browser) to read email, you are using an email client and you WILL NOT be able to send email via the CPPL WiFi. You will be able to read it and receive it. You can also write an email and put it in a DRAFT folder to send later. If you are ONLY in a browser, your email should work.
- Can't find CPPL's WiFi access service on your computer?
- We do suggest the tried and true step - reboot.
Welcome to SmartALEC! If at any time you need help, our staff is here to help.
- Access the URL below.
- Access SmartALEC
- On the SmartALEC welcome screen, click First Time User.
- Enter a valid email or phone.
- If email or phone number is entered incorrectly, the message, "You must enter email address or Phone number" will display.
- You can enter your library card and pin, otherwise, the system will generate one for you to use.
- Click Submit.
- Check your email for a confirmation message.
- The ID and Pin will be sent to you either via email or text.
- Make note of the ID and Pin. You can log in with this ID and Pin.
- If incorrect information is entered, the message, "invalid login attempt" will display.
- After a successful login, the account info screen will display.
Library patrons (with valid library card/pin, and have already registered above)
- On the SmartALEC welcome screen, enter library card and Pin.
- After a successful login, the Account Info screen will display.
- From the Account Info screen, click Browse.
- Navigate to and double-click the desired document.
- Return to the Account Info screen.
- Click Upload.
- "File uploaded successfully" confirmation message will display.
- The file is added to the list.
- Click Preview to review document.
- Click Delete to remove the document from the list.
- Got to a Print Release Station to release and print the document.
Here's a handy how-to guide with the above information.
Welcome to PrinterOn
- Visit the web-print page.
- Select Library branch.
- Enter User Info name.
- This information is used to uniquely identify your print jobs. Use it to obtain your document in the Library printing facility.
- Select the document you wish to print.
- You may also enter the URL of a web page you want to be printed.
- Click the print button.
- Reply, forward or create a new email
- Paste in the email address of the branch at which you wish to pick up your print
- Enter a subject.
- Attach any documents you wish to print (if they are not already attached)
- Click send!
- You should receive an email with instructions for picking up your print job (note: this may take a few minutes to receive depending on email provider).
- If you submitted an email with an attachment(s), it will become two (or more) separate print jobs, with a separate reference number for each; take this number to the branch you selected and pick up your print job!
- Lake Charles
- Central (301 W. Claude St.) - email@example.com
- Epps Memorial (1320 N. Simmons St.) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- DeQuincy - email@example.com
- Iowa - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Moss Bluff - email@example.com
- Sulphur - firstname.lastname@example.org