Current or Upcoming Exhibits
Baton Rouge Giving Quilt Display
- When: March 1, 2019 - March 31, 2019
- Where: Central Library (corner of W. Claude St. and Ernest St. in Lake Charles, LA)
- What: More information
Did you miss any exhibits that were displayed at the library? Here's your chance to browse through past, current and future exhibits.
- This exhibit explores the slave trade out of New Orleans and down the Mississippi River and the consequences of purchasing these people and breaking up their families.
- This is an exhibit open to the public, and is on loan to the Central Library from January 18, 2018 through February 27, 2018.
Tablet to Tablet
- "Beautiful hand-carved wooden rod puppets from Indonesia were on display at Central Library in 2015. The puppets, along with original silk screen fabric, are part of a collection were on loan from one of the Library's patrons. Known as wayang golek, those wooden doll puppets are operated from below by rods connected to the hands and a central control rod that runs through the body to the head and are most commonly associated with the Sundanese culture of West Java."
Lincoln: The Constitution and Civil War
- Lincoln: The Constitution and the Civil War exhibit (Jan. 21-Mar. 6, 2015)