When and Where:
- Friday, November 1, 2019 - Friday, November 29, 2019 at the Fontenot Memorial Library in Vinton, Louisiana.
- Monday, December 2, 2019 - Tuesday, December 31, 2019 at the Central Library in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
- Wednesday, January 1, 2020 - Friday, January 31, 2020 at the Iowa Library in Iowa, Louisiana.
- Branch details such as phone number, hours, address, etc.
Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries
Partnering with the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, the Calcasieu Parish Public Library will have on display information about the endangered Whooping Crane (Grus americana). These birds are being reintroduced to Southwest Louisiana. Stop by and compare your height to the display, see the size of one of their eggs, and pick up some additional information on this majestic creature! This exhibit offers a history of the whooping crane, facts about the bird, a lifesize poster of the crane (can grow up to 5 feet tall!) and a replica of a whooping crane egg.
- This exhibit explores the slave trade out of New Orleans and down the Mississippi River and the consequences of purchasing these people and breaking up their families.
- This is an exhibit open to the public, and is on loan to the Central Library from January 18, 2018 through February 27, 2018.
- "Beautiful hand-carved wooden rod puppets from Indonesia were on display at Central Library in 2015. The puppets, along with original silk screen fabric, are part of a collection were on loan from one of the Library's patrons. Known as wayang golek, those wooden doll puppets are operated from below by rods connected to the hands and a central control rod that runs through the body to the head and are most commonly associated with the Sundanese culture of West Java."
- Lincoln: The Constitution and the Civil War exhibit (Jan. 21-Mar. 6, 2015)
Baton Rouge Giving Quilt Display
- When: March 1, 2019 - March 31, 2019
- Where: Central Library (corner of W. Claude St. and Ernest St. in Lake Charles, LA)
- What: More information