- Begin your exploration with Calcasieu 1 Search
- African American Heritage--a groundbreaking digital resource exclusively devoted to African American family history research. It provides users a dedicated resource that not only brings together records critical to African American family research; but also connects them to a community of research experts."
- Find a Biography (Biography in Context)
- White House Proclamation (2012)
Honoring Hispanic histories and cultures, recognizing the profound contributions that have been made by Americans with ancestry in Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central and South America.
Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month, the Library of Congress, National Archives and Records Administration, National Endowment for the Humanities, National Gallery of Art, National Park Service, Smithsonian Institution and United States Holocaust Memorial Museum join in paying tribute to the generations of Hispanic Americans who have positively influenced and enriched our nation and society.
- Begin your exploration with Calcasieu 1 Search by browsing library material (books, music, movies), journal articles, research starters, Associated Press videos, and more.
- Here are a few example subject searches from the catalog. They include hispanic, mexico or mexican, latino, and spanish american.
- Digital catalog
- Find a Biography with Biography in Context.
Mango Lanugages' specialty courses in Spanish language and culture:
Soccer Celebration —Spain (Castilian)
Flamenco Dancing — Spain (Castilian)
Legal Terms — Latin America
Text Talk — Latin America
Romantic Introductions — Latin America
For Librarians — Latin America
Medical Terms — Latin America
Business Conversations — Latin America
Inglés para Hablantes de Español (América Latina): English for Spanish (Latin America) Speakers:
Inglés English Language
Inglés de Negocios Business English
Find a Biography (Biography in Context)
- Biography in Context includes current and historic biographies; full-text articles from magazines and newspapers; images and links to websites; various search options included"
- eBooks for Research (Gale Virtual Reference Library)offers biographies, journals and more.
- Historical Newspapers (in-house access) contains tens of millions of searchable newspaper pages, dating as far back as the 1700s"
- With Newsbank, you can view current events and special reports