Download the new app!
(July, 2018) Download our new mobile app by searching for "calcasieu" or "calcasieu library" or use the direct links below.
- Search for books, music, movies, or eContent (books, audiobooks, etc).
- Renew items and/or view physical/digital checkouts and holds.
- Pay fines online.
- Manage checkouts and holds, both physical and digital. (My Account)
- Find a nearby library and find out if it's currently open. (Library Locations)
- Didn't find what you need? We'll find it for you with HELP.
- Built in virtual card.
- Scan an ISBN barcode to see if the library owns the title. Place a hold on it right from your phone.
- Follow or connect with us on social media.
- Newly cataloged titles displaying in app in real-time; no delays.
- Filter catalog searches by format: large print, music, movies, etc.
- Filter by eContent: books, audiobooks, etc.
- Personalize app: re-order most used options (My Account--Preferences)
- Access multiple accounts without logging out/logging in. (Linked accounts)
- Access virtual cards for linked accounts. Virtual card (s) displays on front screen.
- View physical/digital checkouts & holds for all linked accounts.
- It's not currently listed in the Amazon store, but the app developer is working with Amazon to add to its store in the near future.
Kindle Fire 7th generation and later
- Enable the setting "Allow Installation of Applications From Unknown Sources" by accessing settings, then accessing applications. Once done, manually install this apk file.
- NOTE: The app was designed and tested for Android and iOS, so no guarantees with its operation on a Kindle.
Kindle Fire 6th generation and earlier versions
- The apk file above may work if the old app is uninstalled from the device, if the device is rooted, and/or it's dependent upon the OS version.
- There are no guarantees that the file can be installed and is compatible.
- Before attempting to download new app, remove the old app from your device.
- If not compatible, use the library website and the desktop version of the online catalog. Get the best user experience with the online catalog using the newly added DIY features.
- Features include:
- Enable text messaging, filter by formats, view the Coming Soon book list and place holds on listed titles, enable checkout history, edit account information, submit and track requests, view Accelerated Reader info in item records, filter by publication date, etc.
- Features include:
Opt-in SMS messaging