The NEW Mobile App has launched in the iOS App Store and Android Play Store!
Search for "calcasieu" or "calcasieu Library" in the app or play store.
- View Recommended Reads
find your next great read with scrolling lists of fiction, nonfiction, and DVD lists
- Discover books, movies, music and more in the catalog
Search the library catalog and check availability in real time. Scan an ISBN to find out if available at your library.
- Item Information
View details of items such as songs included on a CD, summary of the book, number of discs for an audiobook, etc.
- My Account
View checkouts, holds, library messages, etc.
- Mobile First, Reader First
Place holds, renew, and consume digital content - all within the library’s app.
- Library Events
Browse the Event Calendar. Filter by branch or by time. Register for Events and sign up for reminders.
View branch information, including locations and opening hours, and a location map.
- Library News
Find out what’s happening at your library regarding events, new releases, services, etc.
Have a question? Chat for answers. Or get tips on How to Use the new App.
- NEW Classic Reads
Download and read over 300 re-mastered classics within the app!
- Searching the catalog
- Android device: Enter the search terms then use the magnifying glass key on your phone's built-in keyboard. There is no "done" or "search" button within the app.
- iOS device: Enter the search terms then use the Return key on your phone's built-in keyboard.
- linked accounts
Can I download the new mobile app?
NOTE: The instructions below have been tested on a Kindle Fire and it does work.
- Access https://apkpure.com
- Search for Calcasieu or Calcasieu library
- Tap download apk
- Tap the arrow to the right of co.communico.calcasieulibrary
- Enter code on screen then tap Download
- Tap OK to download anyway
- Tap Open
- Or if you missed it like I did, open your downloads then tap install.
- Tap Open again.