Welcome to Library To-Go
What is Library To-Go
- Library To-Go is our FREE delivery service for any Calcasieu Parish resident who is unable to visit a library location due to age, illness, or disability.
- We visit people in their homes and also visit residents of nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
- Day cares, senior centers, group homes, schools, and other care facilities may also apply for Library To-Go service for materials to use within their facility.
- We visit individuals in their homes once every 3 weeks and facilities once every 4 weeks.
Who is eligible?
- Calcasieu Parish residents unable to visit a library due to illness or physical limitation, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible.
- Calcasieu Parish day cares, senior centers, group homes, nursing homes, and other care facilities may also apply for materials to use within their facility.
- Maplewood residents are also eligible for delivery service through a pilot program.
- See map of the Maplewood area to ensure eligibility. Scroll near bottom of the page.
What is Maplewood Library To-Go?
- Maplewood Library To-Go, which offers those living in the Maplewood area to sign up for delivery of library materials with no homebound or disability qualification.
- Anyone with a Maplewood address may apply for weekly deliveries of requested library items.
How does Library To-Go work?
March 13, 2020: Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we are temporarily suspending visits to nursing homes.
- Library materials are checked out and delivered directly to a person or facility’s door.
- Items from the previous delivery are picked up.
- Personalization is a key aspect of this service, and library staff will work with each person or facility to meet their interests and needs.
What materials are available to check out?
- Library To-Go users can check out a variety of library materials, including books, DVDs, CDs, audiobooks and magazines.
How do I enroll?
- Click on the appropriate links below on in the left-hand column of this page to complete an online application or download a paper application, which you may fill out and mail to us.
- Paper applications are also available in all branches of the library, or one can be mailed to you by getting in touch with us through the contact information below.
- Once the completed application is received, a phone call will be made to discuss specifics.
- If you have any questions or need help filling out the application, please contact Jayme Champagne, Eranica Cohill or Torrey Guidry.
- Maplewood Outreach Center, 91 Center Circle, Sulphur, LA 70663
- (337) 721-7148