Welcome to Library To-Go
What is Library To-Go?
- Library To-Go is our FREE delivery service for any Calcasieu Parish resident who is unable to visit a library location due to advanced age, illness, or disability.
- We visit people in their homes and also deliver to residents of nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
- Applicants will receive deliveries to their front door by our Library To-Go staff.
- Coming Soon - USPS services
- Day cares, schools, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, and other care facilities may apply for Library To-Go service for materials to use within their facility.
- We deliver materials monthly.
Who is eligible?
- Calcasieu Parish residents unable to visit a library due to illness or physical limitation, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible.
- Calcasieu Parish day cares, schools, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, and other care facilities may apply for materials to use within their facility.
How does Library To-Go work?
COVID-19 - if you are a nursing home facility, please contact our Library To-Go staff discuss delivery accommodations.
- Library materials are checked out and delivered directly to a person or facility’s front door by a library staff member or through the USPS mail. The option to choose preferred delivery method is available on the application.
- There is a limit of 5 items at a time with the mail option.
- Personalization is a key aspect of this service, and library staff will work with each person or facility to meet their interests and needs.
What materials are available to check out?
- Library To-Go users can check out a variety of library materials, including books, audiobooks, DVDs, CDs, and magazines.
How do I apply?
- Click on the appropriate links below on in the left-hand column of this page to complete an online application or download a paper application, which you may fill out and mail in.
- Paper applications are also available in all library branches, or one can be mailed to you by getting in touch with us through the contact information below.
- Once the completed application is received, staff will call the applicant to schedule the first delivery.
- If you have any questions or need help filling out the application, please contact our Library To-Go staff.
- Maplewood Outreach Center, 91 Center Circle, Sulphur, LA 70663
- (337) 721-7148